HG Thought: Do Not Be Deceived

Keep it clean and friendly. Please do not post tournaments here.

Moderators: GCC Admin, MichaelS, eagle

bsimpson

HG Thought: Do Not Be Deceived

Post by bsimpson » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

HIGHER GROUND
A Thought For Tuesday

Bobby Simpson Copyright Higher Ground 2020

PLEASE SHARE With Others; SUBSCRIPTIONS Free Online

I often use colored whiffle balls to help baseball or softball hitters make good decisions about which pitches to hit. It provides a fun and effective method to practice visually collecting pitch data, figuring out what the data means, and deciding if, when, and where to swing. Sitting on a bucket behind a screen 20-30 feet from the hitter, I hide several balls behind me. Players are allowed to swing only if the ball is the correct color and a good pitch. Last week, Chase, Bailee, and Eli all told me that it was really tough to tell the difference between blue and purple balls. But, they also said that led them to focus better so that they would not be deceived. The same is true in games. Pitchers attempt to keep their mechanics for various pitches the same as long as they can so that pitches stay in an imaginary tunnel on the way to the plate. That can fool a hitter’s eyes until it is too late to hit the ball well. Like hitters, we need to avoid deception. Consider commercials and ads, political speeches, sharing of partial or biased information about a virus or a march, social media posts, or even regular daily activities. How well are you and I collecting complete, accurate information, interpreting it with proper emotional control, and then taking the correct actions? Let’s all commit to improving our [b]anti-deception skills.[/b]

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. Romans 16:17-18 ESV

AVOID DECEPTION & GET BETTER EVERY DAY

PRIVATE LESSONS with Bobby Simpson have resumed in Tifton, GA. I will also be glad to discuss small group or team gamelike instruction for hitting or practical mental skills. We can discuss the site! Sessions are personalized to meet your needs, elite or basic. Learn that the person swinging the bat or the throwing the ball is at least as important as the mechanical actions. Develop Mental, Visual, and Physical Skills using my Reality Based Training. Practice with an approach that actually leads to better performance in the game. Contact me now to start improving.

DYNAMIC SPEAKING SESSIONS FOR YOUR GROUP: Each growth opportunity will be specifically tailored to meet the unique needs of your corporate group, civic club, church, school, business, athletic team, or other organization. We can provide a wide variety of topics related to leadership, improved productivity, practical mental performance skills, teamwork, and much more. Choose to benefit from my vast experience as a keynote speaker and leader of educational sessions for audiences in the United States, Canada, and Europe. Let’s Start Now planning your group’s own inspiring and informative experience.

Bobby Simpson John 3:16
Cell 229-392-4048
bsimpson@friendlycity.net
www.highergroundsoftball.com
Helping YOU Get Better Every Day
Philippians 4:13, 19 Proverbs 3:5-6