J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE MARCH 2024

USA Softball sanctioned tournaments
http://usasoftballgeorgia.org

Moderators: eagle, MichaelS, GCC Admin, USASoftballGeorgia

USASoftballGeorgia

J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE MARCH 2024

Post by USASoftballGeorgia » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Spring has arrived and everyone is anxious to get the new season rolling. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in becoming part of USA Softball, the Governing Body of Softball in the United Sates. My goal is to elevate USA Softball as your #1 option in youth softball in Georgia. To create a more user-friendly platform for tournament information we have purchased Register Play.

Our tournament directors are working now to get all their events listed in that system. Teams and parents will love the ease at which this system provides all the information needed to enter events, find schedules, games results, etc.

The new website is: https://ga.registerplay.com/pages/home

12U ALL AMERICAN GAMES FOR 2024

Tryouts for the 2024 Georgia team are: March 10 and March 17 at Twin Creeks Park in Woodstock. Pre-event registration is required and can be done at our website usasoftballofgeorgia.org or ga.registerplay.com/pages/home. To be eligible to participate a player must have been 12 or younger on September 1, 2023.

HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAM EVENT

USA Softball of GA is hosting an HPP Identifier program on April 7 at Shaw Park in Marietta. The HPP program is a platform for athletes to be tested and evaluated by current and former members of the USA National Team. See the flier below to register for the eventor go to this link: Registration closes March 31.

usasoftball.com/hpp/region-3-hpp-identifier-marietta-georgia/

USA SOFTBALL REGISTRATION

The USASB of GA registration period runs September 1 through August 31 each year.

a. Coaches BG Check, Safe Sport, and ACE certifications are good through August 31. This also includes ALL adults/players18 years of age or older, and ALL assistant coaches (see SAFE SPORT below).

b. NEW: Teams choosing to earn a Georgia berth in a National Championship event (qualifiers, Gold Nationals, JO Cup, National Championships) only need to complete the “Team” registration process.

c. Teams choosing to only play inInvitational tournaments need only to “Team” register your team on theregisterusasoftball.com website.

d. After you have registered your team and/or players any inquiries you have need to have the Team ID# attached in the communication with me.

e. If you contact me for any information concerning a registration matter please remember to include your “Team ID#”.

f. SAFE SPORT - All coaches and players 18 years old at any point during the season must complete the “Safe Sport” certification to be approved on a J.O. roster. This is a law that has been legislated for all youth sports National Governing Bodies.

Additionally, all USASB of GA teams must have ALL their coaches complete the ACE certification. Listed below is the “Safe Sport How To Guide”. This guide will help you easily navigate the Safe Sport Program.

g. DOWNLOAD Safe Sport Guide

https://registerusasoftball.com/Content ... ft%203.pdf

ATHLETES GO LIVE

You can register your team at; www.AthletesGoLive.com or contact Lisa Scalzo at: lisa@athletesgolive.com

INSIDE PITCH

Go on line: (https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Me ... an-Insider) to see the latest news from USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball.

WOMEN AND GIRLS NIGHT

The Rome Emperors, and affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, will be hosting a “Women and Girls” night on June 7. For more information about the event the contact information is listed below.

2024 USA SOFTBALL OF GEORGIA STAFF

EXECUTIVE STAFF

State Commissioner
Ernie Yarbrough
commish@usasoftballgeorgia.org

Deputy State Commissioner
Kristyn Smith
ksmith@savannahsportscouncil.com

J.O. Commissioner
Jay Worley
gajocommish@gmail.com

Player Rep
Tommy Groce
tgroce@columbusga.org

Region UIC
Jimmy Derrick
umpjimmyd@gmail.com

State UIC
Lee Gray
umpwlg9@gmail.com

Allied Member Rep
Merri Scherman
msherman@columbusga.org

Web Master (non-voting member)
Jackson Murphy
webmaster@usasoftballgeorgia.org

YOUTH STAFF

Deputy JO Commissioner – Metro Atl.
Scott Schneider
topflighttournamentdirector@gmail.com

Deputy JO Commissioner – North GA
Larry Reed
larryreed@gmail.com

Deputy JO Commissioner–Middle/South GA
Ty Rietkovich
sgusasoftball@gmail.com

Deputy JO Commissioner – GRPA
Randy Spivey
spivey10@yahoo.com

Deputy JO Commissioner – Travel Clubs
TBD

NOTE: We are looking for an individual to serve as our liaison with the JO travel ball clubs. If you are interested, please contact me ASAP.

BE SAFE OUT THERE and THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF USA SOFTBALL!

Ernie Yarbrough, Commissioner
USA Softball of Georgia
Email: commish@usasoftballgeorgia.org
Cell: 770-584-5044
ImageImageImage