J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE – JANUARY 2020

USA Softball sanctioned tournaments
http://usasoftballgeorgia.org

Moderators: GCC Admin, MichaelS, eagle, USASoftballGeorgia

USASoftballGeorgia

J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE – JANUARY 2020

Post by USASoftballGeorgia » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:18 am

The 2020 season is just around the corner and I want to make sure you have all the information you need going forward. Watch this and future “updates” being live streamed on Facebook @ USA Softball of GA and on our web site.

1. 2020 Registration

The new registration period for the 2019-20 season began on September 1, 2019. As you begin to register your team, 1) You may email me copies of individual player registration birth certificates for verification. 2) When contacting me about information on your team registration, insurance, status, etc. make sure you add your team ID# to your email.

2. Coaches Registration

ALL adults in a coaching capacity (on the field or in the dugout) must submit the background check and complete the ACE/Safe Sport certification. If they do not complete these requirements your team will NOT receive “Approved” status. Even though you may have registered your team in the fall for the 2019-20 season, if you did not take care of these coaching matters you will need to do so prior to entering a USA Softball sanctioned event. Even though your ACE Card may list 12/31/19 as the expiration date, the USASB of GA cycle is Sept. 1 to Aug. 31 each year.

3. 2019/20 Fall/Spring/Summer Tournament Schedule

The 2020 USASB of GA tournament schedule is on our web site (usasoftballgeorgia.org). The schedule includes berth events, invitational tournaments, and the JO Series dates and sites. Check the dates and enter on tournamentusasoftball.com. Regional and Territory qualifiers will be determined at the USASB Council Meeting in November. All teams wanting to qualify for the 2020 USASB National Tournaments must be individually registered.

4. 2020 USASB RULES & CODE CHANGES

I have attached a power point presentation with the 2020 Rules and Coach changes relevant to youth play. If you have any questions contact USASB of GA Commissioner, Al Dattolo. (commish@usasoftballgeorgia.org)

5. 2020 12U ALL AMERICAN GAMES

We will again be sending a team to Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City August 13 – 16. To be eligible players must be registered with a USA Softball and be 12U eligible. Tryout information will be announced Monday, February 3 at 6:00 PM during the live streaming of the February JO Update.  The information will also be listed on the USASB of GA social media sites.

6. TEAM USA COMING TO GEORGIA

Plans are in the works for USASB of Ga to host a number of National and International level events in 2020 and 2020. Also, Team USA will be coming to Georgia for two exhibition stops in 2020 prior to the Olympics.  They will play in Columbus on Friday, April 3 and in Woodstock on Sunday, April 5.  The team will also conduct autograph sessions at both sites.

For presale tickets in Columbus go to; www.ColumbusGaSports.com and Woodstock www.crpa.net

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR THIS WONDERFUL LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!

7. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS BERTH INFORMATION

Information about the qualification process for earning a berth to one of the 2020 USA Softball National Championship Tournaments can be found on the USASB of GA web site. To earn a berth the team must be registered with USA Softball for the 2020 season, and all coaches must be background check cleared and ACE/Safe Sport certified.

8. 2020 12U & 14U ALL-AMERICAN FUTURES EVENT

In conjunction with the Olympic Team stop in Georgia Legacy Events is hosting this event April 3 – 5 at Twin Creeks Park in Woodstock. For more information about the event go to tournamentusasoftball.com or the link listed below. Entry in this event will also provide the opportunity to watch the National Team and get autographs/photos on Sunday, April 5. Space is limited so, enter as soon as possible.

http://www.allamericanfutures.com/TTCon ... id=ALLAMER

ENTER NOW SPACE IS LIMITED!

9. WINTER COACHES MEETING

We will be conducting our annual winter coaches meeting Sunday, January 26 via live streaming on USA Softball of Georgia Facebook page. It will be an interactive streaming by which you will be able to ask questions during the presentation. Follow this and all USASB of GA activities on our web site (usasoftballgeorgia.org).

https://www.facebook.com/USAsoftballGeorgia/?fref=ts

10. USASB OF GA UMPIRES

If you are interested in becoming a USASB registered umpires for the upcoming season contact USASB of GA U.I.C. Rick Hearn at rick@gwinnettumpires.com. Registration and training information are available NOW!

11. Softballs

If you would like to order the Wilson A9011 softballs with the USASB of GA logo at a reduced price of $65.00 per dozen with free shipping simply contact me at gajocommish@gmail.com.

Good Fortune, and let me know if I can assist you in any way!

Ernie Yarbrough, USA Softball of Georgia
State J.O. Commissioner/Deputy State Commissioner
770-584-5044
gajocommish@gmail.com
ImageImageImage