J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 2019

USA Softball sanctioned tournaments
http://usasoftballgeorgia.org

Moderators: GCC Admin, MichaelS, eagle, USASoftballGeorgia

USASoftballGeorgia

Post by USASoftballGeorgia » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:19 pm

The 2019 season is coming to an end and I want to make sure you have all the information you need going forward. Watch this and future “updates” being live streamed on Facebook @ USA Softball of GA and on our web site.

2020 Registration – The new registration period for the 2019-20 season begins on September 1, 2019. As you begin to register your team, 1) You may email me copies of individual player registration birth certificates for verification. 2) When contacting me about information on your team registration, insurance, status, etc. make sure you add your team ID# to your email. Keep in mind, even though your team registered for the 2018-19 season you will need to register your team, players, and coaches again, but do NOT register your team until after August 31. The new registration cycle starts September 1

Coaches Registration – ALL adults in a coaching capacity (on the field or in the dugout) must submit the background check and complete the ACE/Safe Sport certification. If they do not complete these requirements your team will NOT receive “Approved” status. Even though you may have registered your team in the fall for the 2019-20 season, if you did not take care of these coaching matters you will need to do so prior to entering a USA Softball sanctioned event. The registration cycle for ACE/Safe Sort and background checks is January 1 to December 31. So, your current completion of these requirements doesn’t expire until December 31, 2019. Wait until January 1, 2020 to complete these requirements for the 2020 season.

2019 FALL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE – The 2019 USASB of GA fall tournament schedule will be available on our web site August 12 (usasoftballgeorgia.org). The schedule includes berth events, invitational tournaments, and the JO Series dates and sites. Check the dates and enter on tournamentusasoftball.com.

FALL J.O. MEETING – Sunday, September 22 – 5:00 PM @ Marist H.S. – 3790 Ashford Dunwoody Rd, NE 30319

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR USASB OF GA – Plans are in the works for USASB of Ga to host a number of National and International level events in 2020 and 2020. Also, Team USA will be coming to Georgia for two exhibition stops in 2020 prior to the Olympics. They will play in Columbus on Friday, April 3 and in Woodstock on Sunday, April 5. To use the Falcons motto “Rise Up”, we need to show the country and the world how big the sport of softball is in Georgia. We will also be hosting the All- American Futures Cup for 12U and 14U teams in Woodstock the weekend the National team makes the tour stop in Georgia. More information will be provided as it is finalized.

USASB OF GA UMPIRES – If you are interested in becoming a USASB registered umpires for the upcoming season contact USASB of GA U.I.C. Rick Hearn at rick@gwinnettumpires.com. Registration and training information are available NOW!

Softballs – If you would like to order the Wilson A9011 softballs with the USASB of GA logo at a reduced price of $65.00 per dozen with free shipping simply contact me at gajocommish@gmail.com.

Good Fortune, and let me know if I can assist you in any way!

Ernie Yarbrough, USA Softball of Georgia
State J.O. Commissioner/Deputy State Commissioner
770-584-5044
gajocommish@gmail.com
ImageImageImage