J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE – OCTOBER 2020

USA Softball sanctioned tournaments
http://usasoftballgeorgia.org

Moderators: GCC Admin, MichaelS, eagle, USASoftballGeorgia

USASoftballGeorgia

J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE – OCTOBER 2020

Post by USASoftballGeorgia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Not much new has transpired since the previous update, but again I want to say “thank you” to all the kids, coaches, parents, umpires and other individuals who were able to rally and create a positive outlet option during these most difficult times. Here’s praying that this pandemic soon ends and everyone can obtain some level of normalcy in their daily lives.

2020 Fall Tournament Schedule– Continue to regularly monitor our USASB of GA web site and tournamentusasoftball.com for updates about fall events.

NEW SEASON REGISTRATION NOW OPEN– The new registration cycle started September 1. The USASB of GA registration period runs September 1 through August 31 each year. Beginning in 2021 all states will be on the September 1 registration cycle. Also, remember to provide your Team ID# when you have questions/issues about registering your team.

NEW WITH SAFE SPORT – During the fall 2020 and spring/summer 2021 season all coaches and players 18 years of age or older must complete the “Safe Sport” certification to be approved on a J.O. roster. This is a law that has been legislated for all youth sports National Governing Bodies. Additionally, all USASB of GA teams must have ALL their coaches complete the ACE certification.

NEW PROGRAM – USA Softball is developing a new program to assist in identifying players and coaches for the National Teams participating in the various world-level events. This program will provide opportunities for Georgia players and coaches to compete regionally at the U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, and U18 levels. I have been selected to organize the program in Georgia and will be providing more information about the process soon. Discussions have been conducted with the Atlanta Braves as a potential partner in the program. Having had the opportunity to coach the Junior National Team last fall in the Pan American qualifier in South America, I can attest that we have many kids who can play at that level, and dedicated coaches who can coach at that level. This program is scheduled to start November 1. I am currently accepting nominations for individuals who would like to be considered to be a part of the coaching and/or selection committee. Please forward names and contact information to me no later than Sunday, October 11. I will have more information the player identification process by mid-October and will make it available on the USASB of GA website.

A SEASON TO REMEMBER – We have all just finished a season that will be remembered for many things not previously experienced. But, fortunately parks were opened and games were played. Please submit some of your special photos from this season to: Jackson@jacksonmurphy.com The photos will be placed on the website and our social media platforms. If possible, please identify the individuals depicted in the photos. Let’s all try to shine a bright lot it what is otherwise difficult dim times.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO STAY SAFE AND KIND DURING THESE DIFFICULT TIMES.

Ernie Yarbrough, USA Softball of Georgia
State J.O. Commissioner/Deputy State Commissioner
770-584-5044
gajocommish@gmail.com
USASB of GA Web Site: usasoftballgeorgia.org
ImageImageImage